Welcome to Aphelion, Guest! Please log in or register!
Hello, and welcome to Aphelion! Also known as "Many Vampires in Nebraska" ( jokingly, of course ), we're a supernatural / modern/urban fantasy with a crime streak, and an optional boarding school. The school permits both supernatural and non-magical students, and features a middle school, high school, and college on the same campus. We're a no application, no word count, no strict activity check, no cap/ban/ratio, sandbox-y game with larger optional plots to partake in, and feature only six member groups, with a mere four distinct races ( you can also play reborn gods! ). Quite honestly, we're very easy to join; the easiest thing to do is create a mundane human for your first character, pretend we're slice of life, and learn as you go, you legit only need to read the rules and joining guide with this method. This first mundane human can also technically spontaneously develop magic later and become a witch, because magic can manifest at any age. Disclaimer: feels may occur. Disclaimer two: anyone that asks for threads in cbox will probably be told to post an open thread, join an existing one, or post in plotters. If this is off-putting to you, this is not the site you're looking for. We are default rated 3.2.2./high PG-13, but we do go above that via users inputting their birth date.

the ghost of you

sephypheresy Aug 10, 2018
34 Views 7 Replies
Cygnus Essair @ Jun 27, 2018, 02:15 AM

Cygnus Essair
No title
Vampire
4 Posts 2,109 Years Male Vampire Roman Lightning Written by giratina
It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live.
Jun 27, 2018, 02:15 AM / 483 Words
That took some work.

Honestly, Cygnus wasn't entirely sure how he did it in the first place; he was, at one point, sleeping in the darkness that he thought was Kassi ( it felt like him ), watching the splashes and flickers of light across the inky blackness, and then... instinctively, he'd breathed in, somewhat slowly coming to awareness. He almost fell over, but managed not to. For several moments, his eyes adjusted to the darkness, a different kind, blinking slightly, and looking around. Where was this... something about Nebraska, that was all he'd caught, wherever he'd been. Why was he out? No, he knew why. He wanted out, but Kassandros was too bright. Strong. Weak? He didn't know which it was. Only when Kassi was asleep did he get strong enough to push himself out, and, when Kass woke back up, he may not be able to stay... he managed to find the pile of Kassandaku over there. He was wearing the same thing Kassander was. Funny. Cygnus raised a finger and tapped his lips, and then slipped out the door.

If he had a short time anyway, he knew where he wanted to go. Kassi probably had to be asleep, for him to be awake, and, maybe he'd go visit Icarus, one of these times, but his heart drew him to who he presumed was Sepheres. A breath in, and he got his answer; it smelled like Sepheres, this way. Probably, it took several minutes of wandering around the complex ( it was a different one than the one he knew, sue him ), before he found the right door. Fortunately, nobody really locked their doors in the complex. Everyone were familiar with everyone else, there was no instinct to. Quietly, he let himself right in, readjusting to the dark for a moment, and then made his way down the hall to --

Ah. You know, that was a sight for sore eyes. Yeah, he was still a sap, standing in the doorway watching him, for a few seconds. He did eventually get the door closed behind him, shuffling over and settling down next to Sepheres, trying to manage it as gently as he could. He didn't necessarily want to wake him up, he just, wanted to be near him, that was all. Kass rose with the sun, of course. He didn't have long, but, he had long enough. Despite wanting to, Cygnus didn't reach over and hug him, just, laid down next to him. Maybe he'd fall asleep, himself, but he was and wasn't tired. As it was, he'd been sleeping for a long time, anyway, and even if Sepheres never woke up, it was enough, just being so close.

Yep; he was still a sap.

Sepheres Essair
No title
Vampire
4 Posts 2,106 Years Male Vampire Egyptian-Roman Fire Written by Lenara
Jun 27, 2018, 02:43 PM / 348 Words
At first, Sepheres just stretched a little in his sleep and curled closer to the figure in his bed, because that figure what familiar and it felt like home in a way that no one else did. That last missing piece, the part that had been gone since Cygnus died, and he'd never been able to find again. But that was okay, he'd decided it was fine not to find him again because in the end no one could really be Cygnus. But the familiarity meant at first Sepheres' subconscious wasn't bothered by the intrusion.

Still, despite it feeling so very natural, Sepheres' eyes opened in the darkness because there was someone in his bed and there shouldn't be anyone there. There hadn't been anyone welcome in his bed overnight in almost nine hundred years with very infrequent exceptions that generally involved family. His hackles raised despite the previous placid reaction, at least until he started to orient enough to actually recognize the one laying there in bed.

The scent was familiar, honestly. And the aura. But that didn't... "Cygnus?" Asked in a confused, still half-asleep tone. The initial defensive reaction did fade back out of existence, because that kind of a scent was nearly impossible to fake. "I don't..." He shook his head slightly letting that go. He was still confused, but maybe the hows and whys didn't matter, exactly.

He reached out slowly, and rested his hand on top of Cygnus', just to see if he could. Maybe he was dreaming, after all. It would be a strangely vivid dream, but it would make more sense than his dead husband laying in bed with him after nine hundred years. But for a moment or two, maybe it didn't matter exactly. He'd see how the other responded and he'd not worry too much because if things turned for the worst, Sepheres could take care of himself.

Cygnus Essair
No title
Vampire
Jun 27, 2018, 06:37 PM / 431 Words
"It's okay," he almost immediately said, reflexively. Cygnus had gotten much better at recognizing things like Sepheres almost flipping out, but, it went away, a moment later. Then, it was just ah... confusion? Yeah. "Yes," whispered. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." He had, admittedly, a vague idea of how long he'd been gone. Dead. Gone? Cygnus didn't have an exact number, but he was never terribly good with numbers, anyway. It'd been a long time, that was all he really needed to know.

He went quiet, for a moment, the hand Sepheres reached for turning around, lacing their fingers together. Not thinking about it, as always he didn't, Cygnus pulled Sepheres' hand up, kissing his knuckles, and then put their hands back where they'd been, his usual tiny smile on his face. No, he didn't have an exact number. All he knew was, it'd been a long time, and Cygnus had missed him. He had missed Icarus, and mom, and Kassi, too, but see, he and Icarus and Kassi, they were the same, but they were different, and they were never really apart. Icarus and Kassi were the pieces of him that he'd been made with, but Sepheres was the piece of him he'd chosen. Was that strange? Maybe it was. He'd ask Icarus, later, maybe.

"I probably can't stay long," he said. "M'sorry, I can't be awake, when Kassi is. M'not sure why yet. But, I made it back to you, somehow." He still didn't understand how, but, he wasn't terribly interested in questioning it, either. "You haven't been alone at least, right?" Cygnus didn't think so; Kass may not have really stood that, anyway, and maybe neither would Surya have. At least he had family. Cygnus worried, though. He usually did, with Sepheres, even knowing he didn't really have to. It was surprising, though, that he was still here, with the Drago -- Cygnus knew it was still the Drago, because it still smelled like the Drago. He'd have thought Sepheres would've gone back to the Storm. Ah, maybe not for long, though. Kassi did still need somebody to do maths for him.

Still, they were identical. Being around Icarus and Kassandros must've been hard, for a while.

Sepheres Essair
No title
Vampire
Jun 28, 2018, 06:08 AM / 318 Words
Actually Sepheres was pretty sure that it was not okay, but he didn't say that. But no he didn't think it was okay because suddenly there was a person in his bed who hadn't been there while he was sleeping. "Didn't mean to-" Sepheres shook his head. "Well it was bound to wake me up. I'm not used to people in my room anymore, much less in my bed." So... yes, Cygnus coming was going to wake him up. It'd been nine hundred years, he thought he was allowed to be not-used to it any more. But then Cygnus was... dead. And probably didn't really know or understand just how things had been since he went away. Maybe he didn't know how long it had been to begin with.

Sepheres was still confused, for the record.

Couldn't be awake when Kassi was. That didn't really make sense. "Cygnus you're dead." Slowly, calmly. "I mean not that I'm not glad to see you I'm just... I'm confused." His being here shouldn't have anything to do with Kassi one way or another. "I'm actually... kind of surprised you haven't been reincarnated." What in the world was his soul waiting for? Certainly it didn't mean to wait to be reborn until both of his brothers died?

But that didn't explain why he was here. Sepheres was going to keep holding his hand for the moment though. "I have been with the Drago. Hard to consider that alone." Gently. "I've been alright." He would... normally ask about here how Cygnus had been but uh. That was kind of pointless given he was pretty sure Cygnus hadn't existed.

Cygnus Essair
No title
Vampire
Jun 30, 2018, 03:08 PM / 525 Words
Oh. Right, yeah, he supposed maybe he wouldn't be used to that anymore? That was kind of sad, actually. He didn't have a number, Cygnus was still pretty bad with numbers, anyway, at least the really big ones, but he remembered someone saying it was 1998, once. When he'd still been separate from Kassi, it was 1100 something. Eight? Nine minus one was eight, so that was eight, and then the rest didn't matter so at least eight hundred? He was pretty sure that was a hundred. That was a long time. Maybe Sepheres hadn't been alone, but, Cygnus had kind of hoped he'd fall in love again, find happiness with someone else. That was a long time not to.

Cygnus just wanted him to be happy, when he was gone, that was all. Was that a strange thing to hope for? It wasn't like he knew how this was supposed to go. He did know, usually you didn't come back, after you died. He still didn't know why he hadn't reincarnated. It was, maybe, a little late to wonder about that, but, he could think easier, when he was out here. Maybe that was why he was thinking about it.

Kassi was bright. But he wasn't bright enough. Cygnus wasn't really sure what that meant. Icarus could've figured it out. Kass usually woke up when the sun came up... maybe he could tell Icarus before he went back, wherever it was he'd been, and someone could figure this out. Cygnus was fairly sure he wasn't supposed to be here, still, but Kassi hadn't let him go where he was supposed to.

"I know," he said. "At least eight hundred years now, I remember someone saying it was 1998 once. But I don't remember how long ago that was. Kassi didn't let me go where I was supposed to. I don't know why. He's not bright enough, I don't know how I know that, I just do, but he's still too bright for me to be out when he's awake. I don't know what it means." Cygnus, you know, he wasn't the one that did the thinking. It wasn't like he was bad at it, now, not anymore, he just wasn't as good at it as his brothers, and only had a rough idea of how things were supposed to be. He didn't remember things like Icarus did, didn't know how things had been before, didn't always know when things changed.

"Guess it is. ... hey, can I hug you?" Was it weird that it was still his first instinct, to ask, all this time later? Maybe it was. Cygnus wasn't going to stop asking, though. He still had his moments where he was really bad at telling when it wasn't welcome. He didn't want to hurt anyone, least of all Sepheres.

Sepheres Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 01, 2018, 12:11 PM / 388 Words
"Mm. It's 2018 now." Offering that quietly. It wouldn't mean a whole lot to Cygnus, but it was a 20 year jump from the year that the other remembered. So that was... well. That was a long, long time. It was odd to him though, that Cygnus was here. And that he remembered so much, even in fragments, when he'd been dead. He remembered enough to know roughly how long it had been. That was... that was a long time.

Frowning. "Not... bright enough." And Kassi didn't let him go where he was supposed to. Sepheres filed that away in things that might be important, but he didn't yet understand. Maybe he would in time, but maybe by the time it made sense it would be too late for the information to be useful.

"It's okay not to know what it means, I don't either." Mildly. "I also don't understand why or how he'd stop you from going where you're supposed to go." there was also the fact that Kassander didn't seem to be aware that that had happened at all. So it wasn't something Kass had done on purpose, it had just... happened. But what did that mean, if something like this just happened. "Unfortunately I suspect by the time it all makes sense it'll be a bit late to explain." Probably.

But he also wasn't sure this was something he should bring up with Kass, if he didn't already know. Sometimes, that could do strange things. Kass took the strangest things unusually from time to time. And it was better, maybe, to leave that alone. On the other hand, Kass might be upset if no one told him Cygnus was roaming the halls at night from time to time. ... Maybe he'd ask Icarus what he thought about it.

"Of course you can." He murmured, and then he slid closer to the middle of the space so that they'd meet there instead of cuddling right on the edge of the bed. It was sweet, after all this time, that he still asked. Or at least, Sepheres thought it was sweet.

Cygnus Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 02, 2018, 09:48 PM / 528 Words
Oh. That was an extra like, twenty years or something. Okay, so, make that more like nine hundred years since he'd died? That was a really long time, wow. Almost half his... not life. Cygnus, very readily recognizing his limitations, immediately let that go, in his head. It wasn't terribly important, anyway.

Cygnus just shrugged. It was hard to say how, or why, he knew that, he just did. Something was missing, he thought, but Cygnus also didn't know what that meant. "It's like there's something missing. Hard to explain." Lots of things were difficult to explain, for him, that was nothing new. They were talking about Kassi, too, he was always hard to put to words, just in general. He was a lot happier than he used to be, though. Cygnus knew that, maybe better than he should. It was nice to see. Know. They all deserved some happiness, but maybe none of them more than Kassi did, if you could justify putting a quantifier on that.

"I don't either," he answered. "Kassi wouldn't on purpose, at least." Of all of them, Kassandros had the best idea of how important being reborn and the soul moving on was. It wasn't like Cygnus couldn't. He'd stayed, for a bit, of course, but he did eventually decide to move on, because staying wasn't really going to accomplish anything. Victoria had stayed for a bit, too. They would've moved on together, really. He vaguely remembered taking her hand, and they went to go in the light together, but she went. He went somewhere else. In Kassi? Hmm. They were connected in strange ways. Maybe his soul had gone into Kassi's, but why? That, he didn't know, either.

Yay! Cygnus made a smothered happy noise, easily scooting closer and wrapping his arms around Sepheres, resting his chin against his hair. "I missed you." It probably didn't really seem like he would've, but, he had, but he was worried about something, and it never really quite registered what was so concerning. There was something wrong. It was hard to place, but somewhere in him, he knew it was wrong. "It's probably kind of weird, but, I just want you to be happy, okay? That's what I thought, back then. Your mom wanted that, too. I was gonna stay, for a bit longer, but she said you and Atenra are strong like your dad, and you'd be okay." Sometimes, he wondered how she knew that, but then, moms just did. His mom certainly just knew things, once in a while.

"You know, I kind of wanted kids," he said, kind of off-hand. "Dunno why I never said anything." Probably, because he was afraid he'd be a really cruddy dad, that was why. Kassi was a better parent. Icarus would be, too.

Sepheres Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 04, 2018, 09:50 AM / 340 Words
"Something missing..." Sepheres' voice was thoughtful, but honestly he was tired and not thinking at full capacity and he had no idea what Kassandros could be 'missing' in that sense. But... hm. "I don't know that... it's necessarily you. Some things are just hard to explain, and it's late anyway." And of course, Cygnus had been dead for a long, long time and there was a good chance that there just weren't words for some of the things he wanted to say before, even if there were now.

"No, he wouldn't have." Which made it especially strange that that was exactly what had happened. He didn't... even seem to know that it had happened. It was possible that he did know, but it seemed like a strange thing for him not to have addressed in nine hundred years. A soul not moving on... yeah that could be risky, in some sense.

"I missed you too." Quietly. Heaven above knew he had, more than words could really express. Just the words seemed pale in comparison to the feeling in his chest. And he'd wake up in the morning, and this would be over. Cygnus wouldn't be here, he'd stillb e gone and this was probably some sort of masochism, because Sepheres couldn't find it in himself to care beyond the disappointment that he would have to let go of Cygnus eventually.

"I am okay. It turned out alright in the end." He wouldn't necessarily say he was happy, exactly. But he was happier than he'd been in a long, long time. And that was... that was probably the best he could expect at this point.

"Mm. I wish you had. We could have. I'm sorry you never got the chance." His tone was genuinely apologetic. But he was just going to hug