Welcome to Aphelion, Guest! Please log in or register!
Hello, and welcome to Aphelion! Also known as "Many Vampires in Nebraska" ( jokingly, of course ), we're a supernatural / modern/urban fantasy with a crime streak, and an optional boarding school. The school permits both supernatural and non-magical students, and features a middle school, high school, and college on the same campus. We're a no application, no word count, no strict activity check, no cap/ban/ratio, sandbox-y game with larger optional plots to partake in, and feature only six member groups, with a mere four distinct races ( you can also play reborn gods! ). Quite honestly, we're very easy to join; the easiest thing to do is create a mundane human for your first character, pretend we're slice of life, and learn as you go, you legit only need to read the rules and joining guide with this method. This first mundane human can also technically spontaneously develop magic later and become a witch, because magic can manifest at any age. Disclaimer: feels may occur. Disclaimer two: anyone that asks for threads in cbox will probably be told to post an open thread, join an existing one, or post in plotters. If this is off-putting to you, this is not the site you're looking for. We are default rated 3.2.2./high PG-13, but we do go above that via users inputting their birth date.

centuries

Aug 9, 2018
129 Views 28 Replies
Kassander Essair @ Jun 14, 2018, 06:51 PM

Sandalio Essair
No title
Vampire
13 Posts 2,115 Years Male Vampire Spanish Shadow Written by Lenara
Jun 24, 2018, 09:33 AM / 373 Words
"No, the Drago doesn't do that." Sandalio agreed mildly. "Which is why Sati will let us explain ourselves, and why the Jaaliska will have no idea what hit them until it's too late." The element of surprise could be incredibly powerful and attacking first would win them that much. It was better than sitting still and letting them come to the Drago on their own terms. It was dangerous, letting them build up whatever they wanted before they were met in combat, clearly, if Kass' visions were to be trusted. And, of course, they generally could be.

Sandalio was quiet though while Kassandros considered the idea, and then continued talking. Yes, he had guessed as much. That there was a reason there always was. He didn't know that reason, but Sandalio had never asked either. He trusted Kassander, and if he said they needed to be here, then here they would be.

"Time... stops?" Slowly. Then he shook his head, deciding it didn't matter. "No kidding, time isn't supposed to do that, if it stops there will be a ton of other problems." Way bigger ones. And all they had to do was protect whatever-it-was the Storm was protecting? But the Storm couldn't afford to be distracted, either. If they were, then the defenses would be weak enough... no that was unthinkable.  They were protecting something that if they failed on could cause the entire universe to fall apart. Well no wonder Kass had been sparing with the details. That kind of knowledge could be dangerous in the wrong hands, and while Sandalio trusted the Drago, there was always a chance one would crack under pressure and share out information that didn't need to be shared.

"It may be worth it, just this once, to strike first. It isn't as if we don't have ample reason to." And if Sati knew even half of what Kass had just said, it wouldn't be hard to make the Desert Storm's leadership see why it had had to be done.

Kassander Essair
light from the shadows
Vampire
17 Posts 2,109 Years Nonbinary Vampire Roman Emerald & Eucalyptus Light Written by Esmera
Never back down, you could never wear my crown, cause it weighs too much and I crush every mother fuckin' thing I touch.
Jun 25, 2018, 11:55 PM / 771 Words
Being honest, he wasn't sure why he was so against it. Maybe because, once, the Drago, before they were the Drago, had been his army. And given how horribly that had turned out, he hated making them act like an army, in any sense of the term. In reality, though, they were one, because that was what a coven had to be, to survive the rise and fall of other covens. The Vampire Council did well for itself, ensuring that the covens didn't become too embroiled in war with one another, but sometimes, covens slipped through the cracks, escaped Sati's notice, and did damage. Just like the one that'd killed Cygnus and Victoria. History didn't repeat itself, necessarily, but it did often rhyme. If he didn't move the Drago against the Jaaliska, before it was too late, not only could it do a hell of a lot more damage than the universe could tolerate, maybe enough to make his true self intervene, which was precisely why he and his brothers were here, it'd harmonise with the last time the Drago had been moved. In reaction to yet another loss.

Which was better, not making them fight for things they couldn't truly grasp, or making them lose something before being allowed to strike? You couldn't raise a dragon in a cage, but in some ways, in a cage Kassander had tried to raise his. To what end? Now they were perhaps stunted, in many ways. The Drago never fought unless something came to them first, and it was debatable whether that was better or not, and perhaps the sad thing was, over half of them were warriors. It wasn't as if they couldn't handle it. He couldn't tell them why, at least, not entirely. Even if he could, some likely wouldn't be able to comprehend the severity. Yes, they'd do what he said, he knew that, but he never wanted to ask for blind obedience. He didn't want to hold anyone's chains, again.

Ah, his stupid fears were stupid. They didn't even make any sense.

"I don't like this," he said, sighing. "But this is a little bigger than my inane aversion to random things. I don't know what happens, after we die, but, being honest, I don't need to. I can guess. Icarus won't take it well. Haku won't, either. Mother and Leon will break apart, too. Thana might manage, but he'll be too busy trying to mitigate the disaster that is Icarus. I think maybe only Sepheres will be standing upright at the end, and I may be underestimating how much an Essair he considers himself to be. That's all the alphas and betas in the Drago either down or seriously shook up at once, except one, and Mikhail won't be enough. The Drago will eventually splinter and turn on itself. Even if it's not immediate, sooner or later, the Storm will have to step in. The Drago's too old for them to get away with sending younger Storm members to deal with it. If I start acting erratic, essentially the same thing happens. Whatever way it goes, it all ends more or less the same. The dragon falls, the Storm gets distracted, the bad guys get the thing."

On the bright side, his foresight had gotten better, over the years. He could logically work this sort of thing out in his head, now, think beyond what he saw. He shook his head, more to himself.

"I need the Tigers down, first. And then I guess we take a detour to India. I don't know how far they've gotten. Considering Mehtaji mentioned the golems, they may have prototypes, already. I may have to bother Cade. I'd ask Bjorn, but, he doesn't take war very well." No, actually, he didn't take conflict well in general. And then he needed to move a daeva to Axel. Which one... Bjorn or Soren could do it, but it wasn't terribly convenient. Never mind whichever daeva was after the next daeva of death would be after whichever focus Soren had next, presuming the Light would assign him the next one. That was predictable. Hmm... actually, Cade worked at the school, and already had a decent relationship with Axel. Maybe him.

Sandalio Essair
No title
Vampire
Jun 26, 2018, 10:33 PM / 422 Words
Kassandros didn't like to ask them to be, but the Drago was his army, and sometimes the Dragon needed to raise it's head and bare it's fangs to remind those who dared press too close of who they were dealing with. Those would would oppose them had become complacent in their stillness. But the Drago had not lost it's bite, nor its will to fight. Perhaps it was time to remind people of that. Sandalio was a solider though, and in a sense he was always more ready to go to war than Kass, which was part of why he deferred to Kass' judgement.

Still that didn't mean that he couldn't share his opinion, sometimes.

"I know you don't." In a quiet voice. But not liking it didn't necessarily mean it was a bad idea, it just meant that it wasn't the path Kassandros would have chosen. And, well, of course it wasn't. Nothing that sent the Drago into direct conflict was the path Kass hoped for, obviously. Well, it wasn't really random, in Sandalio's opinion, but at least Kass did understand that this might be something they had to do whether he liked it or not. Kass could generally be reasonable when things were put in front of him though, so Sandalio wasn't surprised.

As long as something wasn't designed explicitly to protect Kass, he could be persuaded to at least think about it. Funny how that worked even this many years later.

Sandalio nodded slightly at his explanation of the situation. "That's what it boils down to." If one of both of them were downed, the Drago would be a disaster. They were too much the glue that held the thing together. Sure, they had many alphas and betas, but the reality was, they were a tight knit group - that was the only way having so many worked, period.

Another nod. "That's probably for the best." Yeah, probably. Tigers first, and then the Jaaliska. "Ah... that's a good idea." Yeah. "Cade at least handles battle better than Bjorn." He did, being totally honest. Bjorn was a healer guy not a warrior. And there was nothing wrong with that. "We have a loose plan at least." That was more than they'd had at the beginning here.

Kassander Essair
light from the shadows
Vampire
17 Posts 2,109 Years Nonbinary Vampire Roman Emerald & Eucalyptus Light Written by Esmera
Never back down, you could never wear my crown, cause it weighs too much and I crush every mother fuckin' thing I touch.
Jun 28, 2018, 05:35 PM / 345 Words
Yeah, so they did. Having at least some semblance of a plan was better than having none at all, and really, Kass knew that. And despite wishing he could just stop fighting all the time, it didn't work that way. Peace was only a momentary break in the storm clouds of war. Sooner or later, someone would do something stupid, someone else would do something stupid right back, and they'd end up at war again. Because that was how it always went, and by now, Kassander had at least gotten used to it. Souls were made of chaos. Depending on which way you influenced chaos, it could become either love or hate, and some people would always go the ostensibly wrong way.

Ah, but that was what made his stars so brilliant. The world always had to be a little light, and a little dark, and too much of either caused them to drown themselves out. You couldn't see the stars during the day, of course. The night was always its darkest, just before the sun rose.

"So," he started, resting his arms on Sandalio's shoulders, "how about an uninhabited island for a few days? ... you and Haku may have to remind me a few times the Drago'll be fine without us, though." You know, that panicking thing he did when he was gone too long. It wasn't like he wouldn't know when they were in trouble, anyway. The light would tell him. Or he'd just know, like sometimes he did, but either way, it wasn't like it'd be the end of the world. Icarus, and when he'd been around, Cygnus, were always telling him he could use to take more breaks, anyway. Albeit, he never did figure out what a 'break' was.

Yeah, yeah, that period of not doing work, he knew the definition of it. It didn't mean it made sense.

Sandalio Essair
No title
Vampire
Jun 30, 2018, 12:23 PM / 359 Words
It was a shame that even all this time later, they were still fighting for basically everything. There wasn't much for that, Sandalio supposed, but it was still kind of disappointing, in the longer run. After two thousand years, a peace that lasted more than a flicker of time would be nice. But he had noticed that war seemed to be a typical driving force of humanity.

Sandalio looked at least a little surprised by Kass bringing that topic up himself again. He did smile though, obviously approving. "That might be nice, before things get much deeper than they already are." In a mild sort of tone. Just the three of them for a few days, it did sound kind of heavenly, in a sense. "And I'm sure we can manage to remind you that it'll be okay." And distract him from time to time.

"I'm kind of proud of you for bringing that back up on your own." For the record, yes he was. Because Kass usually preferred to just keep working through things and he wasn't great at taking breaks or anything of the sort. Kass was the sort of person who had to keep moving, it seemed. He didn't really know what to do if things were still around him. If he wasn't busy.

But on the other hand, the skating season was around the corner, and Kaspian was being stubborn, and maybe it was a good idea to take a breather before things got any more intense than they already were. War was unpleasant, and they would need a little bit of time before they could push their plans into motion even if they had plans. Sandalio was a little tired of war, but he was glad to be able to bring it to the Jaaliska first, this time. Biding their time knowing war would come to them eventually wasn't much fun.

Somewhere in there his arms slid around Kassi's waist in a hug. Yeah, those were nice.

Haku Essair
No title
Vampire
3 Posts 2,121 Years Male Vampire Persian Lightning Written by incendium
The summer river; although there is a bridge, my horse goes through the water.
Jul 02, 2018, 08:52 PM / 318 Words
It was somewhat rare, that he ran too late, anymore. Haku was usually pretty strict about his workday ending at exactly 6pm, on the dot. He went in at eight, he left at six, period, no exceptions. Once in a very grand while, he got to talk people down from suicide over the phone; today was one of those days. It'd taken a little over an hour past his end of work, but, he did manage to get the guy to let the nice people that were there help him. As always, though, it was probably one of the singlemost emotionally draining things he had to deal with in his line of work. Why people called him, instead of, someone else, no idea, but at least he was getting good at it. He'd only had one actually suicide, anyway.

Was it just him, or was this country in a serious state of mental health crisis? He was fairly sure it wasn't just him.

In any case, he got home, grumbled something that sounded like a vague greeting in the general direction of the ones that said hi to him in the halls, meandered in the front door, and almost fell onto the couch right then. He heard talking, though. Naturally, Kassi and Sandi had beat him home. That was logical. Instead, then, he got his shoes and jacket off, hanging his jacket up before making it down the hall almost zombie-like, scurrying across the bed and scooting up against Sandalio's back, laying his head on his shoulder.

"... you two had a better day than I did, right?" he asked, grumbled, sat up long enough to kiss Sandalio's temple and Kass's nose, and then flop back down. Commence decompression. At least it wasn't terribly difficult a thing with them here.

Kassander Essair
light from the shadows
Vampire
Jul 02, 2018, 09:34 PM / 283 Words
Kassander thought so, at least. Also, he thought it sounded a hair boring, but, eh, he was fairly sure he and Sandalio and Haku could find things to entertain themselves with. Sandcastles, exploring the water, honestly, knowing Kass, he'd probably get caught up messing with some science-y thing or another. Watching the stars without the intense amounts of light pollution again, would be nice, too. The stars were so dim, in big cities. You couldn't even see the Milky Way.

For some reason, he wasn't expecting that. As usual, it kind of flustered him, and he might've almost changed colours, for a second. "Do you have to?" he grumbled. Oh, hey, the door, Haku - was... currently a zombie, it looked like. Kass scrunched his nose up, slightly, thanks to Haku kissing it. As soon as Haku settled back down, he moved one of his arms to run his fingers through the other's hair.

"Ah, considering how bad your days can be, probably," he answered. A slight shift, and he managed to rest his head on Sandalio's other shoulder, effectively against them both. "What's wrong?" This was Kass, of course; he knew what was wrong. But by now, he'd at least figured out, it wasn't the what was wrong that was important, so much as talking about it. It really did help. Even if that still didn't exactly make sense to him, but, you know, feelings, they rarely ever made sense to him, anyway.

He was doing better, just, you know, he still wasn't an expert at this.

Sandalio Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 04, 2018, 09:12 AM / 288 Words
"Yes I have to." Sandalio responded immediately with a bit of a smile. It was... kind of sad that that still confused him all this time later. But of course that was why he still said things like that. Other than the fact that it genuinely was true. So there was that, of course. Ah, but he kind of liked the way Kass reacted after all this time. It was a reminder, from time to time, that Kass was still the same person he'd fallen in love with.

Ah, but it was sad too, in many ways. Because he had fallen in love with a very broken boy, and he'd grown up in many ways, but in just as many, he was still broken. Perhaps they all were, in their own ways. That was the legacy of Rome, that was the legacy they had been left with throughout the millennia.

"Given you're at least an hour late, I'm going to go with probably too, yeah." Haku was not late often, and when he was it usually meant he'd had a very bad day. There was only so much he could share, patient confidentiality and all. But given how determined Haku always was to get out at a specific time, there were very few things that could cause something like that, and Sandalio suspected he could guess at most of them.

Sandalio sort of nuzzled against Haku where he was laying. Yes, this was just about perfect, if not for the fact that Haku had clearly had a rough day. Kass had already asked Haku, so Sandalio stayed quiet for the moment.

Haku Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 06, 2018, 04:44 PM / 578 Words
Almost every time Haku did that, Kassandros scrunched his nose up. Despite his somber mood, Haku snorted in amusement, seeing it. "You know, that's one of the cutest things you ever do, Kass," he said. Also on the list was the turning pink and head-ducking thing he did whenever he or Sandalio said something about being proud of him, or that something was cute. It was sad, too, a bit, but Haku had come to just accept it as part of Kassi. He knew better, than to hope that, over time, his scars would've faded. Some of them stayed forever. As stable as he seemed, there were some even Haku still had. He was sure it was much the same for most of those that were Drago, now, even if they had only been with the Drago for a short time.

It was almost funny, now, how many people seemed to think love was some kind of beautiful accident, full of happiness and things just falling into place, but that wasn't how it worked at all. It was fitting pieces that didn't necessarily fit together. It was learning when to give, and when to take. And sometimes, it was just learning not to fall off the ship when storms came, but storms went sometimes as quick as they'd come, and nothing lasted forever. It wasn't like he had any room to talk about things like that. Somewhere in there, it seemed like he'd lost sight of how all this even worked, because here he was, being vaguely jealous of them.

No, that was the wrong word. Sometimes, Haku just felt like he was in the way. As much as they'd never seemed terribly inconvenienced by him, as easily as they shifted around to make room for him, sometimes he wondered if they should. Kassi was the light, Sandi was the dark, and... Haku was the odd next door neighbor, or something. It seemed like he didn't really add anything to their marriage they couldn't find in each other. It sounded like he was just being really whiny, so, he'd never said anything. He still felt that way, from time to time.

"Guess it is an hour or so," Haku said. "One of those emotionally draining phone calls I couldn't really rush. That one had a decent ending, at least." Said patient of his had actually listened, backed down, and accepted help. Sometimes, Haku wondered how he was even remotely good at this, how he managed to find the right things to say, to make them see the light when they were in their darkest moments, and maybe he'd never really understand how. He'd just be glad he could. Maybe that was why they always called him. Because he had a weird way of making things seem less hopeless than they first did. The tiny part of him that was still trapped in Rome occasionally snorted, and grumbled something about 'You think your life sucks, boy have I got stories,' and Haku was just glad he'd never actually said that.

"I feel better, now, hugs and hair petting, guaranteed to make Hakus feel better." What? It did always work. "Anything interesting happen?" He'd define interesting, but they could guess.

Kassander Essair
light from the shadows
Vampire
Jul 06, 2018, 10:12 PM / 374 Words
Of course. Sometimes, Kassander was relatively sure Sandalio said things like that on purpose, just because he liked to throw him off, or something. It wasn't terribly hard for him to manage, anyway. If you knew what to say, Kassander was quite easy to throw off, or confuse. Sometimes, he wondered if that wasn't a personal failing, some odd character flaw he should seek to rectify, but, thus far at least, neither Sandalio or Haku seemed to think it was. Kassander could admit, at least in his head, that he wasn't entirely sure why not. Even all this time later, and there were still too many things that confused him.

Probably, he just wasn't being terribly fair to himself, but hey, since when was Kassander ever fair to himself? Ha.

... why did he have to do that, too? Just slightly, Kass turned a tiny bit pink again. It was not cute, it was... ridiculous, actually, but, see not really being fair to himself. He'd just be glad Haku apparently found it cute instead of irritating, or something. (Seriously, though, he was like, 2,000 something. Really now?)

Oooh, one of those... Kass just kind of frowned, slightly, pausing for a moment in his petting of Haku's hair to kiss it, instead. "You're always welcome to hugging and petting, you know." Just reminding him of that. It wasn't like he was lying, because Haku always was. Kass didn't really know where he'd be, without these two, and most of the time, he preferred not to think about it, anyway. It was depressing.

"Ah, actually, we're uh, going on vacation," Kass mentioned. "You'll probably need a bit to arrange for time off, and that's okay, just let us know." Unlike them, Haku couldn't just, not go in to work. Kass could just tell Kaspian to go fuck himself in not so many words (more?). ... thank the stars they'd probably be lacking in cell phone reception out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. "... and then we're off to war." Yes.

Sandalio Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 10, 2018, 12:37 AM / 319 Words
"Agreed." In a cheerful tone of voice. Because, well, Haku was pretty much on point about how the way he reacted to that was cute. Kass was also cute when he was flustered in general but well. It was also sad, the specific few things that flustered him. But that was uh. Anyway. Sandalio didn't really want to get annoyed or sad, so there was that.

Sandalio made a noise, just slightly in the back of his throat. An hour long call that couldn't be rushed. That probably meant it had been one of those calls, like Sandalio had thought. But at least it had ended up with a happy ending, that always made things a little better - it wasn't like he'd gone through that emotionally draining call only to lose the patient at the end of it or something terribly like that. "Then we'll keep doing that." Yes, because making Haku feel better was important.

Sandalio cared how he felt, and cared for the fact that he was in a rough mood after a long day at work. Cuddles with his two favorite people in the world always made him feel a bit better, too. "Absolutely always." Yes, definitely. "Those are nice in general anyway." Yes, they were. The three of them together.

Ah Kass got around to mentioning the vacation before that. "With the Jaaliska." By way of explanation. "Because any path in which we wait for them to bring the fight to us ends badly." That was uh, the sum of it at least. "But uh. Vacation first, to an island to be by the sea again." Together! That was the important part, for Sandalio.

Besides, Haku could probably use a short break from work anyway.

Haku Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 12, 2018, 05:54 AM / 453 Words
If they said so.  It was still somewhat difficult to believe that, but, if they said so. It wasn't like Haku to argue, anyway, not about things like that, at least. Even if it was only because it tended to go in nonsensical circles, it was still something of an exercise in frustration, in a sense. Besides, Haku had precisely zero interest in opening that door. He'd kept it to himself this long, no sense in suddenly developing an inability to.

Then again...

"That's new," Haku answered, blinking in mild confusion. The Drago, while certainly trained well enough to act as an army, rarely ever did, at least not an attacking one. Defending, sure, the Drago did that all the time, yet generally they remained on their side of the fence, and expected everyone else to do the same. It was relatively concerning, that apparently this was serious enough that Kassi was going along with this. What, exactly, the Jaaliska thought they were up to, he had no answer to that. Unlike them, he didn't tend to just know things, but, while curious, perhaps he'd let that one alone. The details, in the end, didn't terribly matter.

"I never take time off I'm not required to," he mentioned. "I'm sure I can get at least a week off relatively easily, and maybe even in a fairly quick time frame." Most likely, he could. It wasn't as if Haku wasn't in the office every day he legally could be. Labor laws had put a damper in him working literally all the time, at least. Being near the sea again sounded nice, actually. It was probably why they'd come up with it. Everywhere they'd lived before now had been on the coast. Essentially everywhere on the Italian peninsula was coastal, the sea was home in almost the same way they were to one another.

Or, Kassi and Sandi were to each other. The jury was still out on whether Haku counted in that. There was no point in asking; he knew what they'd say, logically. Yet, knowing and knowing seemed to be pretending to be two different things. Logically, he knew he was just being ridiculous, and that was why he'd never said anything. It was stupid. "Did you two pick an island?" He thought it worth asking. Maybe...

Uuugh. If he was one of his patients, he'd be telling them they need to talk about things. "... are... mm." Never mind.

Kassander Essair
light from the shadows
Vampire
Jul 12, 2018, 06:08 AM / 384 Words
Yes, well, they all knew Kassander was actually rather terrible at being aggressive unless he was threatened first. On the one hand, the Jaaliska hadn't really done anything that could be called threatening him just yet, but on the other, he knew it was coming. Sooner or later, they'd cross the line, and he may or may not actually know the exact moment it did, but the fact he was having these informative revelations meant Mehtaji, at least, had already decided to be a threat to him. They'd crossed that line already. So he could argue that he was being overly jumpy, but in reality, he wasn't really being jumpy enough.

"You don't," Kass answered, and somehow, he managed to keep most of the disappointment out of his tone. If he didn't know better (think he knew better?), he'd wonder if Haku wasn't avoiding them, sometimes. ... sometimes, it seemed that way. Kass tried not to read too deeply into it, but there was still a tiny corner wondering if Haku was really happy with them. It wasn't like Haku was terribly direct, sometimes. Usually he was, it was difficult to imagine that he might not be, about something, but, on the other hand, it seemed like the things that were really close to home tended to be things he avoided. If he was afraid of hurting them, maybe he'd keep it to himself.

Come to think of it, that was concerning. "Not yet," Kassander replied. "Hadn't thought about it yet." To be fair, Kass thought he'd give Haku time to actually... get time to go, so they could decide together, instead of making plans without him. ... are what? ... should he pester about that? And it cut off, like - he wasn't sure how to take this. "Haku, are you happy, with us?" He'd seemed to be, once. Being fair, things changed, people changed. Maybe once he had been, and now he wasn't? It did seem like something Haku would struggle with, if it happened.

He just wanted to make sure, even if he didn't really like the answer.

Sandalio Essair
No title
Vampire
Jul 14, 2018, 09:20 PM / 451 Words
"Yeah... it is." Sandalio left it there though, opting not to weigh Haku down with the reasons why unless he actually asked. It wasn't... you know necessarily fair, to force him to deal with the ultimate knowledge of the universe, even if sometimes Sandalio hated keeping secrets from him - most times, even. Haku was too important to keep secrets from. It probably wasn't surprising Sandalio felt that way. After all, they'd been together a long, long time at this point. They were obviously very important to each other, or they wouldn't have survived this long together.

It had been a long, long time since Sandalio had any real interest in keeping things from his husbands. It was nice, in his opinion, to have some sort of an open communication between them. It was important to know he could trust them. There was one thing he was still keeping behind his teeth, away from Kass. Sandalio still thought that was for the best, but... it hurt, sometimes. And he wondered, if in the long run it was worse. But it had been so long now that changing his mind would be nearly pointless.

No, Haku didn't ever take time off to spend with them, unless he had to. Which, meant his job would probably certainly be pleased he was taking a break, but it actually brought up an interesting question as to why. He'd wondered that before, but Haku was just... that was just what he did, it seemed. It was a little sad though, Sandalio would have liked him to be around more. That felt selfish though, to point out. ... It seemed Kass felt similarly though, given his affirmation of what Haku had said there.

"Er... No." Mildly. "We were just talking about the idea." Like Kass had said. "Besides we'd want to pick it with you." Of course they would. Why would they dictate it to him instead of letting him participate in the conversation? How... strange.

Kassander was apparently going to ask. Or at least, sort of ask. Ah... that was a legitimate question, and it made Sandalio a little sad to think about. Once, they'd definitely all been happy together. The idea that maybe Haku wasn't was upsetting. But it would... it would be a good thing to know.

It was important, they needed to talk about this. If Haku wasn't happy, that was an important piece of things. This sort of relationship couldn't work if they didn't talk about things like that.