Kassander Essair

light from the shadows
Race
Vampire
Ethnicity
Roman
Play By
Lucky Blue Smith
Never back down, you could never wear my crown, cause it weighs too much and I crush every mother fuckin' thing I touch.
Kassander said nothing, at first. Haku would do as Haku did, and for the moment, it seemed he'd rather pretend they hadn't noticed. He wasn't sure if he was annoyed or upset; Haku should know them both better than that. He should know they knew, because they always did, what one didn't know, the other did, and Haku should know keeping things from them was nigh impossible. Even ignoring that, it wasn't as if neither knew Haku well enough to see it, when he was hiding something.

Honestly, Kassander was trying to be annoyed, but mostly, he was just upset. What was going on, or through his head, that he forgot they knew things, that they knew him? When did he end up so far away? They used to talk about everything, and now Haku was trying to lie to them. Yes, Kassander considered omission to be lying.

"You know you can talk to us, right?" was what he decided to say. He knew Haku knew that, or he should, but maybe it was a good time to remind him. "I asked, didn't I? I kind of wanted an actual answer, Haku, we're far beyond the stage where we protect each other from our feelings. I don't know why you'd be unhappy. You tell me why." By now, Kass was pretty well convinced Haku was unhappy, and just didn't want to admit it. But he and Sandalio were big boys; they could handle it.

Sandalio Essair

Race
Vampire
Ethnicity
Spanish
Play By
Dustin Clare
Sandalio shifted his head back slightly, not that it offered him any view of the man behind him, but it did increase contact with him for a second or two, before Sandalio went back to his original position. His expression remained mostly level while he considered the conversation they were having, and all the little red flags that had led to this point. Still, there was a deep seated upset feeling that took root somewhere around the time Haku tried to dismiss the question like it was a silly thing to wonder about.

"Please talk to us." Sandalio reinforced mildly, when Kassander was finished speaking. They were in this together, weren't they? They had been for so long it was hard to imagine that maybe they weren't after all but that seemed to be what was happening here. It was a little saddening, he would admit, that maybe Haku didn't see it the same way, anymore. But they needed to know that, too. Healthy relationships and communication, or something like that. It was... kind of important.

Haku's happiness was important to them, too. Didn't he know that? It was upsetting to think that maybe Haku didn't realize how important he was to them. They were a little old for lying to keep the peace, and it stung a little that maybe Haku was lying. Sandalio could sort of understand why, not wanting to rock the boat and all - but that wasn't really an okay reason to keep going like this, if one of them wasn't happy, and he'd hoped that Haku would know that, too.

Whether they could entirely help or not was up in the air - but it was certain that they couldn't even try if he didn't tell them what was the matter.

Go Up